Do you have moments through out the day where your energy begins to drop or you begin to have thoughts about how well you are doing something or being to someone? Sometimes these moments happen right before an interview, a meeting, meeting a family member or friend for the first time or in a long time, going on a date, or even pulling up in front of your own home.
Self esteem according to Very Well Mind is “used to describe a person’s overall subjective sense of personal worth or value. In other words, self-esteem may be defined as how much you appreciate and like yourself regardless of the circumstances”. Your self-esteem affects many aspects of yourself to include:
- Overall self-confidence
- Feeling of acceptance by others
- Feeling of security with self and others
- Identity: how you view yourself
- Feeling capable of completing tasks
The person I want to become is a better version of myself.
Many times we do not give ourselves enough credit or grace. You are here in this very moment because you were meant to be here. Let’s get into three quick ways to boost your self esteem.
1. Pep Talk: give yourself a pep talk. This can look like sitting with self for a moment, identifying the negative thoughts trying to creep into your mind. Turn those thoughts into positive ones. This requires you to believe in yourself and your abilities.
- I am not good enough vs I am more than enough
- I am not qualified for this interview vs I was chosen for this interview because I am qualified and I am prepared
- What if they don’t like me vs I am confident in my abilities and who I am, I like myself
- I am a terrible parent vs I made a mistake and that does not define my parenting skills, my child loves me and I love my child
I will stay calm even in the midst of chaos.
2. Speak positive affirmations to yourself. Remember that saying them out loud and writing them down has a deeper impact that simply reading them silently
3. Play a favorite song that’s uplifting to you. Try to create a playlist of those songs on your phone so you can easily access them. Music can boost your mood quickly!
I hope you find these helpful! Share with me below in the comments of what your self esteem boosters are!